Friday, February 29, 2008

Closing out February?

Haven't decided if I'm going to play tomorrow, so tonight may have been the last night of my poker month. Went out mostly with a wimper. Played seven tournaments, only cash was bubbling the FT of the cake 30r. That sounds familiar. Perhaps because it's exactly what happened yesterday. I was never high on chips on the cake 30r, but mostly survived by shoving when I could. Was tenth in chips out of 11 when found A9s in bb, button pushed and I couldn't hold against K6o. Lame. Just a matter of time on Cake though it seems.

Otherwise, lasted about five minutes on BD $109fo tonight when I raised with AKs and flopped a flush. Donkey actually raises me on flop with AJ on J 9 3 board, in a play that is either bold or donktastic (I have an opinion, guess which one). Got it in on the turn after board paired 9s and he made a boat on the river. Maybe that should have been some sort of sign for the night.

Walked into an obvious utg AA limper in the final hand of the night in the 9k like a moron. I suck.

In other news, jond is a sicko, shipping the 100K last night for like 38K or something. Carson finished third, and donkey 5 handed CL finished 5th. Wasn't hard to see that one coming.

Also, played the AP 6k in the afternoon today along with a couple cash games to kill an afternoon, and it featured new AP "pro" Liv Boeree, seen here: http://www.absolutepoker.com/livboeree/. Ah to be a pretty face, though you wouldn't think that would be that useful for online poker. Apparently it is. I like her poker accomplishments: she won one tournament of undetermined stakes, won a satellite, and finished 7th in a poker tournament specifically for amateurs. For a poker pro, that resume is um, sparse. I have a lot more on my resume, and I'm an absolute nothing (or unknown as Bodog would rightly put it). She must actually be smart as hell if she has "a first class degree in physics with astrophysics", though that seems to get the same emphasis on her webpage as the fact that she likes Metallica and has a lizard called Mr. Osterlind. Vital information, that. Still, I'm sure she'll do fine with a basic poker knowledge, because the 6k is the biggest tournament she's playing and the players in that tournament are mostly terrible.

Hey, had this blog for two days and haven't veered wildly off the topic of poker yet. It's coming I'm sure.

No comments: