Friday, May 16, 2008

FTOPS annoyance

So been trying to qualify for a couple FTOPS events, specifially Event #11 and #21, which is a $2500 2 day event. Running absolutely terrible in the qualifiers. Went out 37th in a #11 qualifier when the top 33 qualified, shoved a short stack with AA (wasn't going to make it once around the table), looked up by J10, flop 987. So, that was annoying. Made one donkey call in one of them, otherwise it just seems not running good in them. Also played some $75s for the FTOPS main event just to not have to put up the $500, and I suck at those too. At this point I'll just buyin. Or maybe I'll try one more. Whatever. Certainly won't be buying in to $2500, since I'm cheap (or have smart bankroll management, whatever). Also made FT of Tilt $109 starting at like 11 am, KQ into JJ on QJx flop, then lost a flip for ninth. So has always I run like crap on FT.

I do like that Tilt, and also Stars, have deposit methods where it can go directly from your bank account to the Tilt or Stars account, with e-checks. I feel like this is new, or at least I haven't noticed before. Then again, I don't really deposit that often. But still it's quite handy. Now if they'd increase the limits.

Otherwise, finished 2nd in AP 9k a couple of nights ago, was temporarily over $50k for the year. Gave that back, but still, that was kind of my goal for the year, like if I make $50k I'll survive in Chicago and be able to pay rent. New goal: 100K? That might be ambitious, given that I'm not fully dedicated to poker the way other people seem to be. But what the hell, I'll give it a run. New goal is $100k. Let's see how it goes.

Lance Briggs is singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Wrigley right now. God he is an awful singer.

No comments: