Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well, Unstuck Anyway

Massive CL with 7 to play in Cake 30r, so finished fourth of course. Repopped AJ, ran into KK in bb, oops (and the original raiser took a long time to fold, he probably had me beat too). Made a straight against a flush and called a pot sized river bet. Then this hand just absolutely through me for a loop.

Hand #14941FFBF2002667: $20,000 GUARANTEED!! - R&A
Seat 3: mjh8*** (496600.00 in chips)
Seat 4: leeh*** (388268.00 in chips)
Seat 5: bkba*** (42226.00 in chips)
Seat 7: bzimzim (180130.00 in chips)
Seat 9: Larr*** (170776.00 in chips)
mjh8146 posts ante of $1,000
leehrat posts ante of $1,000
bkballer posts ante of $1,000
bzimzim posts ante of $1,000
Larry12371 posts ante of $1,000
bzimzim: posts small blind $5,000
Larr***: posts big blind $10,000
Dealt to bzimzim [ Kc Kh ]
mjh8***: folds
leeh***: folds
bkba***: calls
bzimzim: raises to $42,000
Larr***: calls
bkba***: folds
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ 5c Qd 4s ]
bzimzim: bets $50,000
Larr***: folds
bzimzim: returns uncalled bet $50,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bzimzim: mucks
bzimzim wins $99,000

What the HH doesn't show is that Larr (I like how the cake HHs can't bother with people's full SNs) showed JJ as he was folding it! And I'd been super aggro! He was just that weak tight. It was surreal. I just sat there with my mouth open. How did I not get paid here? That was unbelievable. And since he was so weak tight, I just thought fuck it, I'm raising him every time. Popped it up from sb next time it was folded, he moved in on me. What did he have, aces? In the end I was undone by some unlucky spots and the bizarre play of my incompetent FTers. When you're aggressive it's easy come easy go on those chips. With 14 left I was like 12th in chips. Then I was just steamrolling, but the momentum sadly turned one last time. Eventually shoved J9 into AQ, nh, gg.

Grr. Anyway, $1887 for 4th, so at least I'm unstuck for the month. Up $199 for May, hurray. Maybe I'll go buy myself a boat or something. My deepest finish yet in that tournament, winning it is inevitable with the quality of the play. Thought last night would be the night for that. Or not. Oh well, try again tonight I guess.

The Democratic nomination process is over. Or at least it should be. There's essentially no way Hilary can win, yet she continues on, either to intentionally hurt Obama to run again in 2012, or out of sheer vanity. Neither option reflects well on her. Bag it, Hilary. It's over.

No comments: