Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ship 8k; Poker Week

Well I was getting annoyed after blowing a bunch of chips at final tables at Stars 20r and Cake 30r, being in the top two in chips at final table and finishing seventh both times. Did I play too aggressively? Still need to review those. But got the monkey off my back by shipping AP 8k last night for essentially 2.5k. Actually my first shippage of the month, though the big cash was finishing second before. It was weird because when we were down to two tables my table went ballistically aggro, and I wasn't picking up much, but managed to pick spots and hang around well I think. But I had a sort of "Am I on AP? What's happening right now?" moment as the table went nuts around me. Then the final table was much more standard, just lots of shoving by me, with the added bonus that I was able to go into run over people mode with the CL with 3 people left since they were clearly interested in trying to make an extra $700 by finishing second.

Hey it's poker week! After being totally derelict in my poker duties for most of this month, ramped it up this week. I did not play any tournaments from the 4th to the 18th. Wow. I work hard at my job. Anyway, got it going now, with the result being 3 final tables in four days (and really 3 in 3 days, only played one tourney Monday after I got back from soccer). Tonight? Why I think I'll play some poker. Feeling a big shippage coming.

Pokerstars now has rakeback. Sweet. I still have not heard about Cake. It was supposed to take 3-5 days. That was a month ago. Maybe I'll just attempt to sign up again.

Alright back to laundry, then what should be an awesome Euro semi between Russia and Spain. And then poker.

No comments: