Sunday, June 29, 2008

One More FT, End of Month Regression

Made one more final table in a row, made it basically 4 in 4 days with UB 20k. Finished fourth, not sure I really played well. Then proceeded to give back about two grand over the last couple days, after being up about 7.5k for the month after the UB tourney. Now up about 5.5K. That might be it for the month, playing softball today and soccer doubleheader tomorrow, along with going to the South Side for the Cubs-White Sox game tonight. I'm at least pleased I got in some volume at the end of the month, though the end wasn't what I hoped.

Played the FT $322 six handed yesterday, lasted for say, six minutes. Here's the hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7006291974: $90,000 Guarantee (51450846), Table 8 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:15:58 ET - 2008/06/28
Seat 1: Sudco (2,745)
Seat 2: bakitako (2,735)
Seat 3: Chat Off (2,690)
Seat 4: bzimzim (3,260)
Seat 5: The Universe112 (3,495)
Seat 6: TheKoalabear (3,075)
bakitako posts the small blind of 15
Chat Off posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bzimzim [6d 6s]
bzimzim raises to 90
The Universe112 calls 90
TheKoalabear folds
Sudco folds
bakitako calls 75
Chat Off folds
*** FLOP *** [8s 3c 6h]
bakitako checks
bzimzim bets 210
The Universe112 calls 210
bakitako folds
*** TURN *** [8s 3c 6h] [5h]
bzimzim has 15 seconds left to act
bzimzim bets 450
The Universe112 calls 450
*** RIVER *** [8s 3c 6h 5h] [Qc]
bzimzim has 15 seconds left to act
bzimzim bets 1,000
The Universe112 raises to 2,745, and is all in
bzimzim has 15 seconds left to act
bzimzim has requested TIME
bzimzim calls 1,510, and is all in
Uncalled bet of 235 returned to The Universe112
*** SHOW DOWN ***
The Universe112 shows [7h 9h] a straight, Nine high
bzimzim mucks
The Universe112 wins the pot (6,640) with a straight, Nine high

You know those calls you talk yourself into? This was a call I talked myself into. Part of the calculus was that he badly overplayed top pair with a nothing kicker before, making a big bet on the river that was clearly a value bet (except he was behind). And I was getting better than 3:1, and I thought well, he could have etc. But really, what else could he have here? Another set maybe. I just don't think I'm going to see hands I can beat enough to make this call here. I saw exactly the hand I expected to see; and if that's true, why am I calling in the first place?

The 150k was a shove fest by the beginning of hour three yesterday thanks to the new awful blind structure. Supposedly they've changed back. God I hope so, that was atrocious. I wrote an angry email to AP support, they say my suggestions are "well received" and my email has been forwarded to the Programmers Team. But if I had some part in them doing something about it, I'm happy. The worst part was that it was intentionally deceptive, starting at 5/10 and then still providing less play than before.

World Series is going on. Eric "jakz" Crain finished 13th in an event, good showing. Wasn't really one of my goals to make it out there this year, more concerned with getting myself established playing online poker and paying rent then trying to qualify for big tournaments. But next year, making it out to Vegas for the WSOP will definitely be on the list of goals I think.

Ohio State recruiting class is basically already wrapped up, 23 recruits committed, which is sick. Euro Final today. The Mets still suck. College football season, and in particular September 13, is still too far away.

No comments: