Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June Wrap

June=lowest volume month yet? I feel like I write that almost every month. That can't be good. I did crank it up the last week, and still a respectable month money-wise.

June: +$5448

Year to date: $55,533

I've kind of established $5k as the baseline for what I expect in a month at this point. Only in January was I under that total, back when I was stumbling in the dark as a poker player. My poker career is pretty much divided into before the 100k and after the 100k. Since that tournament I've played with much more confidence.

Actually I was taking the El down to the South Side for Cubs-White Sox, and I started talking to someone who had been a professional poker player as well (I was wearing a "I knocked out a pro on FT shirt" was how the conversation got started). It was only about a two minute conversation, but he did say, "You know, if you think you're gonna run well, you'll run well." Few statements are more true than that.

$48.56 in rakeback this month. Hey free money.

I was reading articles on pocketfives the other day, and there was this one about how to have fun in Vegas: http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-articles/enjoying-las-vegas-during-wsop-3021552. Of particular interest to me was this part about bottle service at nightclubs: "Tip the bouncer $50 when you first get there and learn his name. He is your best friend for the next 4 hours. He will also remove girls from your booth if things are not going your way. Just tap him on the shoulder, tell him you are going to the rest room and you want your booth cleared of the lame girls before you get back. Don't watch the removal happen, the girls are shocked and it is ugly."

Yikes. I pretty much don't do nightclubs anyway, but there's a glimpse into a world I've never been a part of and don't have any interest in. Guess I'll never really be a baller. Oh well. I do find it funny that p5s has apparently strayed from poker advice to "advice on how to be the biggest douchebag possible." At least present it in poker terms. Like, the cuter the girl + the drunker she is + the chances she's put out=+EV (and the higher the expected value, the less likely you'll have some bouncer tell her to get the fuck away from your table and stop drinking your booze for free). See, that was classier.

If Obama runs to the middle in faster, he's going to have a wind-aided world record. He's running there just as fast as my enthusiasm for his campaign is dwindling.

Going to do Mets-Cardinals Wednesday and Thursday in St. Louis, so full day today! Let's get the month going right. Should get going here soon.

1 comment:

Ohiocity said...

Take a zero off 5K and I'd be pleased with that as my baseline for what I expect in a month. 500$ a month ahhh sounds great to me lol. Maybe not to far down the road here perhaps if I ever learn any discipline.