Friday, July 18, 2008

Hey, Unstuck!

Thanks to AP 20r win earlier this week, shipping AP $55 afternoon tourney yesterday (plus $150 bounty on Liv, which is what counts for a bounty on AP these days), and fourth in Cake 30r, actually unstuck for the month! In fact, +$1250. I'm a superstar. I'm pretty sure I offended the poker gods when I wrote that I should expect to make 5k a month, and the poker gods said "oh yeah? Take a $5.5k downswing you arrogant prick."

But yeah, I run like a god on donk sites. If I ran that way on Stars or Tilt, I'd be rich. Seriously why do I even play Tilt? Why bother to get it in with top set? Jeesh. My lifetime ROI on Tilt is probably atrocious.

What's really funny is that during my 3 day hot streak, I can think of three hands that I just played terribly, two in the Cake 3or and one in the AP 30r. Apparently the donk sites bring the donk out in me. In the Cake 30r last night I decided to take a read four handed that was just horrible. Decided to bluff a calling station for my whole stack the night before. That went about as well as you expect. I also took a read in the AP 30r the night before and stacked off with top pair bad kicker into a set of jacks. Whoops.

So to some up, I'm running good right now, but I still suck. But still, gonna get to +$5k this month. I've decided. Suck it poker gods.

Won't be playing at all this weekend, two cities, two Mets games, two softball games and one music festival. Gonna be a busy weekend. Back to work Monday.

No comments: