Friday, July 11, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Got to Gary, Ind., about 5:30 last night, and played poker til 3:45 am, with the exception of a dinner break. Just what I needed. Passed on a tournament to just sit there and donk around at 1/2 NL, talked with everyone at my tables, had fun, drank a couple beers. Finished up $440 for the night. 1/2 NL players are terrible. Alright, that's not exactly news. Plus it makes for some really entertaining beats, as long they're not happening to you. Also, you can get a poker rate of $49 Monday-Thursday at Resorts (apparently now renamed Ameristar), which is pretty cool if I don't feel like driving back to Chicago. I couldn't actually do that last night since they were full, but still, good to know.

I did glance over at the 5/10 game and wondered how I'd do at the game. One step at a time probably though. I'm not a cash game player, at least not yet. Maybe I'll play 2/5 next time and see how much difference there is in skill level between the players.

But anyway, feel great about poker again. I feel recharged. I'll get it going again on Sunday.

No comments: