Friday, July 25, 2008

Ship UB 30r, 100k thoughts

Officially got the month turned around after shipping the UB 30r last night. I'd post some hands, except the UB HH is extremely broken up and I seem to have only about half the hands from the tournament. Annoying imo. Still, first for $5400, so certainly no complaints. Got Bertrand13 HU, had about a 2:1 chip lead, but ran AT into AQ, then aipf again 6s v. AQ, boom Q on the river. Excellent card. $2200 card. Then got it in A high against K high and it held. Obv the blinds were pretty high, wasn't a lot of play left at that point. We were five handed for what felt like forever, trading blinds and antes back and forth. Excellent FT to play, all the more so since I won :)

I was glad I won that one, cause wow did I implode on a tourney on stars last night, I was third in chips with about 40 people and finished 37th. Yikes, hehe. Played a big pot where we both had trip 9s in the blinds and I was outkicked, and went a bit into meltdown mode from there. Also finished 15th in AP 30r last night. And someone managed not to cash in Cake 30r. Which is almost impossible, unless you lose a big flip somewhere there. Which I may have. I honestly don't even remember that tournament.

Qualified for the 100k through a $55 qualifier, which was pretty sweet. The tournament itself was not that sweet. Very aggro table as to be expected, and didn't pick up a lot of cards when the blinds got up. Was cruising along fine with about 16k, had resteals with 86o and K5o off playing off what surely looked like a tight image since I had no cards, when I ran 7s into 10s for half my stack, made a shove with like 7 high and donked out against AK, tried to pick a couple more spots to get aggro, none of which worked, then finally shoved 10 2o into AT in the BB. Whoops. So that didn't really work out.

Poker swingaments: thru July 14, -$3600. July 15-present: +$8100. Ah the life of a poker player. Good times. I'm very pleased today, in good shape to still make my 5k this month as per my monthly expectation.

So life is good, Mets are winning again, and poker is no longer terrible. On the other hand, my mechanic is holding me up for ransom. I'm pretty sure I owe him eleventy billion dollars. He may have just made those parts up that needed to be replaced, like the Seinfeld about needing a new Johnson rod. It's just like that, except I'm the one that's paying for it, so it's not actually funny. I suppose I could learn something about cars, and that would solve this problem, but that's not likely to happen. On the list of things I'd like to learn more about cars is way down that list.

Won't play today, not sure how much I'll play this weekend.

1 comment:

Vikesfan353 said...

Well done Bzim! Way to turn it around..
Vikes