Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ah So Close

Finished 12th in the Stars Nightly Hundred Grand a few nights ago. Finished 4th in the Cake 109 last night when I was the CL four handed. Ah being a multi player is a life of prepetual disappoinment. Except for those times when you feel really good.

The Cake end result was annoying. I was just rolling along, there was another fairly aggro player with the second big stack, but he was on my right, and I was occasionally three betting him with air essentially. Then there were two short stacks. Then ran QQ into KK into the other big stack. Now he's got about 500K chips, I've got 100K chips, and the two short stacks have about 50k. At this point, it takes on a little bit of a SNG dynamic, and I'm looking to raise the short stacks with anything decent and stay out of the big stacks way. It was another 1600 I think if I could move up to second, and only 1000 more for first. That may not be exactly right, but it's close. But I pick up 77 utg and 3k/6k, decide that's too good to just fold outright because I'm really only afraid of the big stack picking up a hand. Who of course had JJ. Sigh.

I think that tilted me a bit, because I played a little loose the rest of the night. Ah well. Still having a pretty good month overall.

Snow has totally taken over Chicago. I'm enjoying it really. I don't even mind that it's cold.

No comments: