Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Bonus

Merry Christmas to all blog readers. One day late anyway. I know that some of the people from the poker forum actually read this thing, and I've talked to enough other random people to know that there is a group of people that actually read this thing. For whatever reason. So Merry Christmas.

I was in Lansing yesterday, but left to get back to Chicago since I had a wedding to go to tomorrow. So with nothing else to do on Christmas night, fired up a few poker tournaments, finished 2nd in the AP 30r. Truthfully I wasn't really even paying that close of attention to it until there were about 30 people left, but clearly I run good. The level of play in the AP 30r was pretty atrocious last night. My favorite was the guy who being determined to take a stand in the bb against the big stack, called off half his stack with 52o. And then flopped three deuces. WP sir.

But otherwise I continue to run good for the month of December, up about 11 grand or so at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm done for the year or if I'll try to sneak in one more day on Sunday. On Monday I'm flying down to Florida, and hanging out for the week with my parents and grandfather. In an RV. That's going to be an adventure.

Something that occurred to me last night after I made a particularly horrific river bluff after betting the turn: I need to learn when to slow down when I've taken a shot at the pot that hasn't worked. Particuarly when the range of hands that are calling on the turn and folding on the river is particularly low, which was the case last night. Felt I was better than the player I played against last night, but that one bluff really cost me. Still, even with high blinds, tried to play small ball, gradually chip up, and as a result had chip lead when we got it in for a tournament defining flip for most of the chips. Which I lost. 2nd it is.

That's it for now. Year wrap up to come, as well as goals for next year. There will be many.

No comments: