Friday, August 15, 2008

Break Time

“I want to get a job as someone who names kitchen appliances. Toaster, refrigerator, blender.... all you do is say what the shit does, and add 'er'. I wanna work for the Kitchen Appliance Naming Institute. Hey, what does that do? It keeps shit fresh. Well, that's a fresher. I'm goin' on break.”

So yeah, I'm goin' on break. I have six cashes this month. Six cashes. That's almost not even possible, given the number of tournaments I've played, which is...well I refuse to count. But it's more than six. Of course if they were really good cashes it wouldn't matter. But they weren't. I had one fourth for a grand, that's it. I also refuse to calculate how much I'm down for the month. So I'm taking the weekend off. I think I'm going to the beach this afternoon to read a book and be outside.

In news that doesn't make me want to vomit in my mouth a little, Comcast finally has Big Ten Network! 15 days 'til the opener. We'll obviously cruise against Youngstown State, but USC-Virginia, Michigan-Utah, Mich. St.-Cal and Illinois-Mizzou will all be interesting for various reasons. Also I looked at the Big Ten Network schedule, and for the next week they'll be showing Ohio State-Illinois from last year, OSU-Wisky from 2003, and OSU-PSU from 2001. So thanks a lot assholes.

But they are replaying App. St.-Michigan. My DVR is set.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your break, BZ. It's coming at a good time, I suppose - just in time for a crazy football season and an even crazier political season.
If you're ever back on campus, let me know - we're having a little soiree-tailgate for the OSU-USC game, and you're more than welcome to crash at my place and meet the little one!