Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bodog Poker Open

Went deep in the BPO last night, but finished 16th when shoved 97o from the CO and ran into AK. 9 on the flop, K on the river. Sigh. NH, GG. It felt a little bit like a 2004 WSOP reunion, with David Williams and Josh Arieh both at my table at various points. Evelyn Ng was on my left down to two tables as well. Felt like I played pretty well in the tournaments, tried to be aggro but kept getting reraised, so nitted up a bit and tried to pick my spots, was folding a lot in late position and getting aggressive from mp. Was able to attack a couple short stacks near the bubble that had clearly nitted up and that allowed me to chip up a bit. Not enough in the end though.

That was definitely the news of the night, somehow didn't even make the money in the cake 30r. Have I mentioned that the players are bad there? Maybe once or twice? My god, they are awful.

Not sure if I'll play today. Potential epic match between Arsenal and AC Milan coming up in a minute, then have my own soccer game coming up at 6:30. Ship a win obv; lost the opener 4-1. Also Ohio State plays Purdue tonight. Ugh. Apparently Jamar Butler quit the team for a couple of days earlier this year. Awesome senior leadership. Somehow just take this season out back and put it out of its misery already. At least the Lakers are good again.

No comments: