Thursday, March 27, 2008

Maybe I Should Go Back To Not Playing

Total for the day: 14 tournaments, 2 meaningless cashes. Down about $1150 or so.

What went wrong today? Well despite thinking I wasn't going to play WSOP qualifiers, played two WSOP qualifiers. That's not what went wrong but thought that was interesting. The first one finished ninth with three spots, the second one I went broke on the third hand when the guy called a reraise with 8s and flopped a set on my aces.

Meant to write a future entry about volume and multi-tabling too, that didn't make my list from yesterday. Harder to get tables going if you can't stay in tournaments though.

I'm not sure I've ever been as card dead for a full day as I was today. There were several tournaments that I just had long stretches of totally unplayable hands. And tables with people that liked to call. So I sat there a lot. In the AP 9k flop the nut straight against two pair, hit the four outer on the river. And then there were the required AJ>JJ, J7>QQ (apparently people are calling raises with J7 now), etc. Overall, whatever. Just one of those poker days.

So actually, I don't really think I played badly today.

Back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

FreddyJames said...

Take an hour out and write the stuff you've been saying you will write about please.

Would be good to get an insight.

FJ