Monday, March 31, 2008

End of March/Opening Day

I'll be playing today to close out March, so we'll see how that goes. What a low volume month, which I'll write about tomorrow. Not a great week for poker. Finally busted a streak where I didn't cash for 21 tournaments in a row. Fun! There's that variance I was talking about. Broke it by making AP 30r FT, but lost a flip, finished 6th. Hopefully I can get something done today to end on an up note.

Today is opening day for the Mets. And Johan Santana is pitching. Doesn't get any better than that. It's still something just short of a miracle that Minaya was able to get Santana, since it's possible both the Red Sox and Yankees offered better deals for him. We have to be the team to beat in the NL East, but the Phillies and Braves will be there all year.

In other sports news I care about, the Bucks get Ole Miss tomorrow in the NIT semis. Watching this team play loose has really been fun, even if it was too late. The Lakers' injuries appear to have finally caught up with them as they lost to Charlotte and Memphis before pulling out a win in OT over Washington. Need Gasol and Bynum back in a bad way, especially Gasol. Chad Johnson is ruining the Bengals. Like we didn't have enough problems. I hate him right now. And Liverpool get Arsenal at Anfield Wednesday for leg 1 of the Champions League quarters.

Opening Day!

No comments: